Our August Hafla will be Saturday, August 17!
Be sure to put this on the calendar, it is not an event to be missed!
- Children age 12 and under are FREE. (Must be accompanied and attended at the hafla by an adult)
- $10 at the door; performers $5.00
- Doors open at 7:30 pm, dancing starts at 8:00 pm
2019 Future Haflas
- August 17, 2019 – Luau
- October – Nourhan Sharif’s Homecoming Workshop
- December 21, 2019 – Holiday
What is a hafla? On the third Saturday of every other month, we host a “hafla,” or dance party. It’s always a casual, family-friendly event. For the general public, a hafla is a chance for a “different” night out in Columbus… A night out of the ordinary. It’s an energetic event filled with traditional music and dancing from many world cultures — and some modern interpretations as well. Come enjoy refreshments, and see our students, teachers, and special guests perform. The fun doesn’t stop during intermission. Join us on the dance floor if you’d like or shop the boutique!
If you’re a dancer and you’d like to perform at an upcoming hafla, call us at (614) 486-3991 or email us. We are open to dancers of all styles, levels, and studios!